This report, prepared for the Facilities Management Dept. of Stanford University, summarizes field observation, materials
analysis, and treatment testing and provides stabilization and conservation recommendations. It includes survey drawings,
color xeroxes of photographs, and copies of historical articles on the sculpture.
The Angel of Grief is a marble sculpture on the Stanford University grounds, erected in 1901 as a memorial to Jane Stanford's
brother Henry Lathrop.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.