Guide to the Post Quake Demolition Photographs

Stanford University Libraries Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Stanford, California
Copyright © 2011 The Board of Trustees of Stanford University. All rights reserved.


Overview

Call Number: PC0076
Title: Post quake demolition photographs
Dates: crica 1914
Physical Description: 0.25 linear foot
Summary: This collection consists of 47 photographic negatives with contact prints, largely documenting demolition work on the damaged Stanford Museum following the 1906 earthquake, including the lowering of the still-intact glass dome. Several images include groups of workers and the horse-drawn carts and wagons used to haul away the debris. Other subjects include university employee Fred Frehe, ("farm boss"), the demolition of the statue of faith, and several post-quake images of the campus.
Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
Stanford University Libraries
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-6064
Email: speccollref@stanford.edu
Phone: (650) 725-1022
URL: http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/spc/spc.html

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

Gift of Susan and Richard Blois, 1980 and 1997.

Information about Access

This collection is open for research.

Ownership & Copyright

All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.

Cite As

Post Quake Demolition Photographs (PC0076). Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.

Desription of Contents

This collection consists of 47 photographic negatives with contact prints, largely documenting demolition work on the damaged Stanford Museum following the 1906 earthquake, including the lowering of the still-intact glass dome. Several images include groups of workers and the horse-drawn carts and wagons used to haul away the debris. Other subjects include university employee Fred Frehe, ("farm boss"), the demolition of the statue of faith, and several post-quake images of the campus.

Access Terms

Blois, Richard M.
Blois, Susan


Collection Contents

Box 1

Photographs