This collection consists of 47 photographic negatives with contact prints, largely documenting demolition work on the damaged
Stanford Museum following the 1906 earthquake, including the lowering of the still-intact glass dome. Several images include
groups of workers and the horse-drawn carts and wagons used to haul away the debris. Other subjects include university employee
Fred Frehe, ("farm boss"), the demolition of the statue of faith, and several post-quake images of the campus.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials
must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University
Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is
given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not
intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission
must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See:
This collection is open for research.