Records include correspondence of William O. Jones and others, 1960s-80s; grant files; departmental files, 1920s-70s; funding
records; photographs; and other materials, including two passports of Alonzo E. Taylor, 1916-17.
The Food Research Institute at Stanford was founded in 1921 for the study of worldwide problems of food supply, distribution,
and consumption. William O. Jones was its executive secretary from 1955 to 1962 and became the Director in 1964. The Institute
was closed in June 1998.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Access: personnel files are not available to researchers.