Guide to the Greystone Quarry Papers
Stanford University. Libraries. Department of Special Collections and University ArchivesMay 2011
Copyright © 2015 The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University. All rights reserved.
Call Number: SCM0137
Creator: Stanford University
Title: Greystone Quarry papers
Physical Description: 0.02 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language(s): The materials are in English.
Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-6064
Phone: (650) 725-1022
Greystone Quarry, formerly known as Goodrich Quarry, was the source for the sandstone used to build Stanford University in the 1880s and 1890s.
Map, instructions, and photographs (with negatives) from a tour of Greystone Quarry led by Robert Butler and Rixford Snyder in April 1994; a clipping on the quarry, 1984; and a replica of the business card of Jacob Pfeiffer, proprietor of Goodrich Quarry.