Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Greystone Quarry Papers
SCM0137  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (51.94 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Overview
  • Biographical/Historical note
  • Scope and Contents note
  • Access Terms

  • Overview

    Call Number: SCM0137
    Creator: Stanford University
    Title: Greystone Quarry papers
    Dates: 1984-1994
    Physical Description: 0.02 Linear feet (1 folder)
    Language(s): The materials are in English.
    Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
    Green Library
    557 Escondido Mall
    Stanford, CA 94305-6064
    Email: specialcollections@stanford.edu
    Phone: (650) 725-1022
    URL: http://library.stanford.edu/spc

    Biographical/Historical note

    Greystone Quarry, formerly known as Goodrich Quarry, was the source for the sandstone used to build Stanford University in the 1880s and 1890s.

    Scope and Contents note

    Map, instructions, and photographs (with negatives) from a tour of Greystone Quarry led by Robert Butler and Rixford Snyder in April 1994; a clipping on the quarry, 1984; and a replica of the business card of Jacob Pfeiffer, proprietor of Goodrich Quarry.

    Access Terms

    Goodrich quarry--California.
    Photoprints.