Minutes, correspondence, membership and financial records, curricular materials, ephemera, publications, and scrapbooks of
the San Francisco Architectural Club; together with notebooks, photographic and diazo prints, drawings, and watercolors of
architect and SFAC member Edward L. Frick.
The San Francisco Architectural Club (SFAC) was founded in 1901 by a group of nineteen draftsmen "for the purpose of maintaining
an educational program to develop the talents of its members and provide opportunities for study and advancement in all phases
of architectural practice, and as a social club for architects, architectural draftsmen, and men of kindred interests in closely
associated occupations, a place where ideas can be exchanged" (SFAC membership brochure, n.d. [1960s]).
5 cartons, 1 box, 2 flat boxes
(7.5 cubic ft.)
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the City Archivist. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the San Francisco Public Library as the owner of the physical items.
The collection is open for research, with photographs available during Photo Desk hours. Please call the San Francisco History
Center for hours and information at 415-557-4567.