Creator/Collector: Stephens, W.H.
Physical Description: 110 leaves, blue paper; 160 × 90 mm. bound to 166 × 102 mm.
Physical Description: Layout: On paper with varying-length columnar ruling (probably intended for account book entries), text has been entered,
without respect to the existing columns, at an average of 20 lines per page, with a small margin left free at bottom.
Physical Description: Script: Cursive.
Physical Description: Binding: Brown paste paper over worn boards, lacking spine. Upper pastedown and free endleaf are pages from the “Almanack
Scope and Content Note
Contents are as follows:
- ff. 1v-11v: discussion of theaters in Sydney, Melbourne, and Geelong, with particular attention to author's career.
- ff. 13r-20r, 36v-65v: discussion of life onboard the ship.
- ff. 20r-28r: Samoa.
- ff. 28v-36v: Tahiti.
- ff. 60r-65v: Honolulu, Hawaii
- ff. 65v-79v: San Francisco, California.
- ff 79v-88v: Nevada City, Marysville, and Grass Valley, California.
- ff. 95v-98r: Acapulco, Mexico
- ff. 98r-101r: Panama.
- ff. 101v-110: blank, except for 105r, 107v and 109.
- ff. 105r, 107v: personal finance records.
- ff. 109 [cut out].
- ff. 110: end.