The collection includes correspondence, minutes of meetings of Trustees and Deacons, financial records, annual reports, records
of the Missionary Society, Sunday School, Ladies Aid, Women's Fellowship, Women's Council, Golden Circle, photographs, and
miscellany. The records relate to churches and religious organizations, cultural affairs, economic conditions, education,
Lemon Grove, schools, social conditions, social service agencies, and women.
The Lemon Grove Congregational Church was established in 1894. In addition to providing sectarian services to the community,
the church has sponsored a number of nondenominational social service organizations.
The copyright interests in these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with
the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections
is such that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Requests for permission to publish must be
submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission
of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available
for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including
but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.