Finding aid of the Oregon Ledger

Holt-Atherton Department of Special Collections
University of the Pacific Library
3601 Pacific Ave.
Stockton, CA 95211
Phone: (209) 946-2404
Fax: (209) 946-2942
URL: http://www.pacific.edu/Library/Find/Holt-Atherton-Special-Collections.html
© 2006
University of the Pacific. All rights reserved.

Finding aid of the Oregon Ledger

Collection number: MSS 089

Holt-Atherton Department of Special Collections

University of the Pacific Library

Stockton, California
Encoded by:
Shan Sutton
© 2006 University of the Pacific. All rights reserved.

Descriptive Summary

Title: Oregon ledger
Dates: 1867-1888
Collection number: MSS 089
Creator: Occidental Market (Portland, Or.)
Collection Size: 0.5 linear feet
Repository: University of the Pacific. Library. Holt-Atherton Dept. of Special Collections
Stockton, California 95211
Abstract: Business ledger used by several different groups and individuals in various Oregon cities (1867-1888). Occidental Meat Market daybook (Portland, Or., 1867; Albany, Or., 1868; unspecified location, 1876) occupies pages 1-96, 336, 349-350, 355. Douglas County School District no. 50 (Cleveland, Or.) school board minutes (1872-1888) occupy pages 97-138. Cleveland Lodge no. 175 of Good Templars (Cleveland, Or.) minutes occupy pages 164, 169, 171-184, and 262-265.
Physical location: For current information on the location of these materials, please consult the library's online catalog.
Languages: Languages represented in the collection: English

Access

Collection open for research.

Publication Rights

Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.

Preferred Citation

Oregon ledger. MSS 089. Holt-Atherton Department of Special Collections, University of the Pacific Library.

Biography / Administrative History

Occidental Market, operated by G.V. Marshall and Louis Jantzen, sold wholesale meats first in Portland, then in Albany, Or. (1867-1876). Their principal customers were hotels and restaurants. Douglas County (Or.) School District no. 50 operated Cleveland School in hamlet of Cleveland (1872-1888). School had forty-eight pupils (1884). Cleveland Lodge no. 175 of Good Templars was local chapter of a temperance organization with both male and female members (1872-1873.

Scope and Content of Collection

Business ledger used by several different groups and individuals in various Oregon cities (1867-1888). Occidental Meat Market daybook (Portland, Or., 1867; Albany, Or., 1868; unspecified location, 1876) occupies pages 1-96, 336, 349-350, 355. Douglas County School District no. 50 (Cleveland, Or.) school board minutes (1872-1888) occupy pages 97-138. Cleveland Lodge no. 175 of Good Templars (Cleveland, Or.) minutes occupy pages 164, 169, 171-184, and 262-265.

Indexing Terms

The following terms have been used to index the description of this collection in the library's online public access catalog.
Douglas County (Or.) - School District no. 50
International Order of Good Templars - Cleveland Lodge no. 175 (Or.)
Meat industry and trade - Oregon
School boards - Oregon
Temperance - Oregon - Societies, etc.