Inventory of the Asia Foundation records
Finding aid created by the Asia Foundation and Hoover Institution Archives Staff.
Hoover Institution Archives© 2008, 2014
Stanford, California 94305-6010
Phone: (650) 723-3563
Fax: (650) 725-3445
© 2008 Hoover Institution Archives. All rights reserved.
Title: Asia Foundation records
Collection Number: 89005
Creator: Asia Foundation.
Collection Size: 20 manuscript boxes, 1 oversize box, 483 cubic foot boxes. (492.3 linear feet)
Repository: Hoover Institution Archives
Stanford, California 94305-6010
Abstract: Correspondence, memoranda, project reports, conference proceedings, and financial records, relating to scholarships, exchange programs, and projects for social and economic development, and for aid to education, communications, health, and administration of justice in countries of South, Southeast and East Asia.
Physical Location: Hoover Institution Archives
Languages: In English
Collection is open for research.
The Hoover Institution Archives only allows access to copies of audiovisual items. To listen to sound recordings or to view videos or films during your visit, please contact the Archives at least two working days before your arrival. We will then advise you of the accessibility of the material you wish to see or hear. Please note that not all audiovisual material is immediately accessible.
For copyright status, please contact the Hoover Institution Archives.
[Identification of item], Asia Foundation records, [Box number], Hoover Institution Archives.
Acquired by the Hoover Institution Archives between 1989 and 2011.
Materials may have been added to the collection since this finding aid was prepared. To determine if this has occurred, find the collection in Stanford University's online catalog at http://searchworks.stanford.edu/ . Materials have been added to the collection if the number of boxes listed in the online catalog is larger than the number of boxes listed in this finding aid.
Private American philanthropic organization for promotion of political, social and economic development in countries of Asia and the Pacific region.
Correspondence, memoranda, project reports, conference proceedings, and financial records, relating to scholarships, exchange programs, and projects for social and economic development, and for aid to education, communications, health, and administration of justice in countries of South, Southeast and East Asia. File lists are searchable via uncorrected OCR.
The following terms have been used to index the description of this collection in the library's online public access catalog.
Educational assistance, American--Asia.
Technical assistance, American--Asia.
Economic assistance, American--Asia.
Justice, Administration of--Asia.
Asia--Politics and government, 1945-
Asia--Economic conditions, 1945-
- Afghanistan files inventory list
- Burma files inventory list
- Borneo files inventory list
- Cambodia files inventory list
- Ceylon files inventory list
- Conferences files inventory list
- Hong Kong files inventory list
- India files inventory list
- Indonesia files inventory list
- Japan files inventory list
- Korea files inventory list
- Laos files inventory list
- Malaya Singapore files inventory list
- Media Movie files files inventory list
- Overseas Chinese files inventory list
- Pakistan files inventory list
- Philippines files inventory list
- Taiwan files inventory list
- Thailand files inventory list
- Vietnam files inventory list
- US & International files inventory list, 1951-1961
- US & International files inventory list, 1962 and on
- Incremental materials inventory list