The Northern California Ecumenical Council is an organization of lay and ordained persons from different denominations and
communions who work together to improve the lives of their members. The collection includes adfministrative papers and materials
on events and projects.
In January 1913, delegates met in San Francisco and organized the California Church Federation, re-named the California Church Council in 1937. The difficulty of California's geography brought the organization to split in 1942 forming the separate Southern California Council of Churches and the Northern California-Nevada Council of Churches. The name changed over the years to the Northern California-Western Nevada Council of Churches, then the Northern California Council of Churches. In 1972, it reorganized and was renamed the Northern California Ecumenical Council. In 2000 came another reorganization and name change to the Northern California Interreligious Conference.
Copyright has not been assigned to The Graduate Theological Union. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts
must be submitted in writing to the Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of The Graduate Theological Union
as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research.