Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Stanford University, Museum of Art, Feasibility Study of Post Earthquake Renovations and Additions
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (53.49 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
Table of contents What's This?
  • Overview
  • Biographical/Historical note
  • Scope and Contents note
  • Access Terms

  • Overview

    Call Number: SCM0197
    Creator: William Turnbull Associates
    Title: Stanford University, Museum of Art, Feasibility Study; Post Earthquake Renovations and Additions
    Dates: 1990
    Physical Description: 0.125 Linear feet (1 volume)
    Language(s): The materials are in English.
    Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
    Green Library
    557 Escondido Mall
    Stanford, CA 94305-6064
    Email: specialcollections@stanford.edu
    Phone: (650) 725-1022
    URL: http://library.stanford.edu/spc

    Biographical/Historical note

    The Stanford Museum was built in memory of Leland Stanford Jr., son of Leland and Jane Stanford. It was one of the first structures in the United States to be built completely of reinforced concrete, engineered by Ernest Ransome. Construction was begun in 1891; the Museum opened its doors in 1894.

    Scope and Contents note

    This study, designed to address the renovation of the museum and repair of structural damages caused by the Loma Prieta earthquake of October 1989, includes architectural drawings, sketches, and photographic illustrations.

    Access Terms

    Stanford University. Museum of Art