Typescript abstract of title for the Rancho San Pedro, consisting of copies of documents related to the property, dated 1805
The Rancho San Pedro, also known as the Dominguez Ranch, consisted of 75,000 acres gifted to Juan Jose Dominguez, a Spanish
soldier, in 1784. In 1826, Dominguez's nephew, Manuel Dominguez, built an adobe home on the property for his family. Manuel
Dominguez and his wife, Maria Engracia Cota, had ten children; six daughters survived, and were all raised in the adobe. The
Rancho San Pedro was strategically located during the Mexican War and was the site of major skirmishes; it was also an important
stagecoach stop for travelers, conveniently situated between the Pueblo of Los Angeles and the port of San Pedro.
220 leaves : paper ; 28 x 22 cm
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library Special Collections. Literary rights, including copyright,
are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright
and pursue the copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC Regents do not hold the copyright.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.