Preliminary Guide to the Charles A. Storke II Collection
Preliminary Guide to the Charles A. Storke II Collection, ca. 1911-1998
Collection number: SBHC Mss 38Department of Special Collections
University of California, Santa Barbara
- Processed by:
- Preliminary arrangement and description by D. Tambo
- Date Completed:
- May 1, 2009
- Encoded by:
- A. Demeter
- Personal / Family. Boxes 1; 9-10.
- Financial Records. Boxes 2-5.
- Photographs. Boxes 6-8; 11.
- Artifacts. Box 6.
- Oversize. Box 7.
- Audiovisual. Two 16mm films of Mexico.
- Jean Storke Menzies Collection. SBHC Mss 34.
- C. A. Storke Collection. SBHC Mss 40.
- Thomas M. Storke Collection, ca. 1917-1972. SBHC Mss 37.
- Charles Albert Storke Papers, 1856-1936. Correspondence; manuscripts of his writings, including his memoirs; personalia; papers relating to his legal career; financial records; papers relating to the operation of the Storke ranches in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties; personal papers of other members of the More family, including those relating to the settlement of the Thomas Wallace More and Alexander Peter More estates, 1856-1910. Included also are papers relating to the settlement of Storke's estate, primarily by his son, Thomas More Storke. 4 boxes, 3 cartons, 4 volumes and 1 oversize folder. Linear feet: 6. Collection number: BANC MSS 73/71 c. For further information, check the electronic version of the guide at: http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf9s20081w/
- Thomas More Storke Papers, [ca. 1906-1971]. Correspondence; biographical material including his memoirs; copies of his speeches; financial records; subject files; clippings; scrapbooks; photographs; genealogical material. Relate to his activities as editor of the Santa Barbara News-Press and his opposition to the John Birch Society; his civic interests; the operation of his ranches; and his service as regent of the University of California, 1955-1960. 39 boxes, 15 cartons, 2 packages, 2 oversize folders. Linear feet: 35. Collection number: BANC MSS 73/72 c. For further information, check the electronic version of the guide at: http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf609nb1gc/
Personal / Family
Storke, Charles Albert, II (CASII)
Vital Records (copies of birth, marriage, death certificates)
Santa Barbara High School - Class of 1928
Cornell - Class of 1932
Obituaries and Articles
Additions - 2002
Bullard, Jed - correspondence
Burkhardt, Harold de la Cuesta
Campaign for Congress, 1966
Community - Misc.
CAS III, et al
CES and Whelans
Haase, Ynez (Fillmore)
Germany - editorials and articles, 1959
Guest Book, 1995-1998
Mexico Lic Patricia Fernandez Wong
Noble, Ana T.
Passport and related
Santa Barbara High School Class Reunion, 1928-1988
Santa Barbara News Press
Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation
Storke, Charles, I
Storke, Thomas M
Storke, Thomas M., II
Will and Trust
Storke, Thomas M.
Storke, Thomas M., II
Storke Investment Co.
California Interests (mainly San Diego)
International Radio, Ltd.(IRL)
Noble Multimedia Communications, Inc. (NMC)
Noble and Associates (color prints of building, in Mexico City?)
CAS II and family photographs, with accompanying list by Carol Storke
Santa Barbara News Press - Lifetime Achievement Award to Charles A. Storke II, 1996 (marble and crystal obelisk)
UCSB - 30th Anniversary, June 18, 1983, medallion to Charles Storke, Founding Member of the UCSB Affiliates, presented by Chancellor Robert A. Huttenback
Photo Album - '25 Year Club' members of Santa Barbara News Press, including Thomas M. Storke and Charles A. Storke II
Loose Materials (photos, etc. - to be identified)
Photos (removed from Box 8 due to size)
Scope and Content Note
Mexico #3: pyramids, Xochimilco, bullfight, [chairos?] - taken by Sellar Bullard, 1930s
Mexico #11 - no description