The collection, which spans the years 1930-1978 (bulk 1954-1968), consists of records, drawings, photographs, and papers relating
to the architectural career of Germano Milono. Working mostly in California and Nevada, Germano Milono and Associates took
on educational, civic, commercial, medical, religious, planning and single-family residential projects. The firm collaborated
with structural engineer, T.Y. Lin and landscape architect, Thomas D. Church.
Germano Milono (1913-1978) was born in Vestigne, Italy, to Carlo and Delphina Milono, who ran a retail food market. Between
1934-1935, he taught architectural design for the museum extension of the WPA in Pennsylvania, and in 1937 he received his
architecture degree from Carnegie Institute of Technology. Milono served in the United States Army 1942-1946 and acquired
his California architecture license in 1947. In 1969 he was invested as a Fellow of the AIA. He was appointed membership to
the State Board of Architectural Examiners by Governor Edmund Brown from 1964-1969 and he was a member of the Housing Authority
of the City and County of San Francisco during 1966-1969.
8 boxes, 15 large boxes, 1 flat file drawer, 21 tubes, 1 small box, 6 flat boxes, 2 models
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from materials in the collection should be discussed with the
Collection is open for research.