The collection includes photocopies of the Constitution, Articles of Incorporation, by-laws, and a biographical sketch of
the chairman at the time of donation.
Incorporated on April 25, 1887, the Cuyamaca Club is the oldest chartered private social club in California. Its original
primary purpose was to accommodate the social needs of local businessmen. In 1908, the club was moved from its temporary quarters
in the Bancroft Building located at Fifth and G Streets into the Land Title Building at Second Avenue and Broadway. The Cuyamaca
Club opened its membership to women in 1923.
The copyright interests in these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with
the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections
is such that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Requests for permission to publish must be
submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission
of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available
for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including
but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
This collection is open for research.