This collection consists of the Niles Dam Historic American Engineering Report in three sections – the report, the figures,
and the measured drawings. The HAER was prepared by Rand Herbert of JRP Historical Consulting Services; original documents
included in the figures are from the San Francisco Public Works Commission Archives and the San Francisco Water Company Archives.
Niles Dam on Alameda Creek was built in 1887 by the Spring Valley Water Company, at the same site where Jose de Jesus Vallejo
had build a dam for his grist mill in 1841. Water from the SVWC dam was diverted to the San Francisco water system. The dam
was removed in 2006 as part of the Alameda Creek Restoration Project.
0.02 Linear feet (1 folder)
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
This collection is open for research.