Records comprise photographic prints, snapshots, contact sheets, slides, and negatives, dating 1947-1997 (bulk 1984-1997),
that were created and maintained by the J. Paul Getty Trust Building Program. Images document the planning and building of
the Getty Center in Brentwood, California by Richard Meier & Partners and the Dinwiddie Construction Company.
The Getty Center opened in 1997 as a multifaceted campus located in Brentwood, California, including modern architecture,
gardens, and fountains. The Getty Center is owned and operated by the J. Paul Getty Trust, a cultural and philanthropic organization.
The Trust is a not-for-profit institution, educational in purpose and character, that focuses on the visual arts in all of
their dimensions. The Center is home to the Trust and its four programs: the Getty Foundation, the Getty Research Institute,
the Getty Conservation Institute, and the J. Paul Getty Museum. The Museum and the Conservation Institute also maintain operations
at the Getty Villa in Pacific Palisades, the original site of the Museum.
108.09 linear feet
(113 boxes and 4 flat files)
Library Rights and Reproductions.
The records described in accession 1997.IA.10 are available for use by qualified researchers. The exception being box 3, which
may contain restricted material that must be removed prior to access by researchers.