Finding Aid for the Howell, Arendt, Mosher & Grant records, circa 1956-circa 1970 0000142
Finding aid prepared by Chris Marino
Architecture and Design Collection, Art, Design & Architecture Museum
Arts Building Room 1434
University of California
Santa Barbara, California, 93106-7130
Title: Howell, Arendt, Mosher & Grant records
Identifier/Call Number: 0000142
Contributing Institution: Architecture and Design Collection, Art, Design & Architecture Museum
Language of Material: English
Physical Description: 11.0 Linear feet (5 record storage boxes, and 2 flat file drawers)
Date (inclusive): circa 1956-circa 1970
creator: Howell, Arendt, Mosher & Grant.
Partially processed collection, open for use by qualified researchers.
Gift of Ward and Marilyn Arendt, 1998. Additional material gifted by Penelope Tinker, 2004.
Howell, Arendt, Mosher & Grant records, Architecture and Design Collection. Art, Design & Architecture Museum; University of California, Santa Barbara.
The firm Howell, Arendt, Mosher & Grant was composed of architects Wallace W. Arendt, Glen Gaylord Mosher, Robert Grant, and Henry W. Howell. Wallace W. Arendt received his Bachelor’s of Architecture in 1940 from the University of Southern California. Both Glen Gaylord Mosher and Robert Grant graduated with degrees in Architecture from the University of Nebraska in 1938. Henry W. Howell left the firm in 1959 and died three years later in 1962. The firm’s office was located in Santa Barbara, California.
The Howell, Arendt, Mosher & Grant records span 11 linear feet and date from circa 1956 to circa 1970. The collection is primarily composed of the work of Howell, Arendt, Mosher & Grant but also includes the work of Howell and Arendt as well as the work of Arendt, Mosher, & Grant, in the form of architectural drawings, reprographic copies, and handwritten notes, all organized by project.
Subjects and Indexing Terms
Arendt, Wallace W.
Grant, Robert Sumner
Howell, Henry W.
Mosher, Glen Gaylord