Finding Aid for the Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition (Albany, New York), 1916 0000286

Finding aid prepared by Jillian O'Connor and Chris Marino
Architecture and Design Collection, Art, Design & Architecture Museum
Arts Building Room 1434
University of California
Santa Barbara, California, 93106-7130
805-893-2724
adc@museum.ucsb.edu


Title: Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition (Albany, New York)
Identifier/Call Number: 0000286
Contributing Institution: Architecture and Design Collection, Art, Design & Architecture Museum
Language of Material: English
Storage Unit: 545
Physical Description: 3.0 Linear feet (1 flat file folder)
Date: 1916
creator: Reynolds, Marcus T. (Marcus Tullious), 1869-1937

Access

Partially processed collection, open for use by qualified researchers.

Custodial History note

Gift of Jeanne Thayer, 1994.

Preferred Citation note

Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition (Albany, New York), Architecture and Design Collection. Art, Design & Architecture Museum; University of California, Santa Barbara.

Biographical/Historical note

Marcus Tullious Reynolds was born on August 20, 1869 in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. He studied at Williams College and then went on to study architecture at Columbia University. Reynolds began practicing architecture on his own in 1893 in Albany, New York. Throughout the course of his career he primarily designed banks and office buildings. Reynolds died on March 18, 1937.

Scope and Content note

The Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition spans 3 linear feet and dates from 1916. The collection is composed of one drawing in the form of a reprographic copy dated November 1, 1916. The drawing depicts the plaza elevation of the extension to the office building for the Albany Evening Journal, formally known as the Delaware and Hudson Railroad Company building.

Subjects and Indexing Terms

Reynolds, Marcus T. (Marcus Tullious), 1869-1937
Architectural drawings
Reprographic copies