Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Finding Aid for the Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition (Albany, New York), 1916 0000286
0000286  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (51.95 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Details
 
Table of contents What's This?
  • Access
  • Custodial History note
  • Preferred Citation note
  • Biographical/Historical note
  • Scope and Content note

  • Title: Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition (Albany, New York)
    Identifier/Call Number: 0000286
    Contributing Institution: Architecture and Design Collection, Art, Design & Architecture Museum
    Language of Material: English
    Storage Unit: 545
    Physical Description: 3.0 Linear feet (1 flat file folder)
    Date: 1916
    creator: Reynolds, Marcus T. (Marcus Tullious), 1869-1937

    Access

    Partially processed collection, open for use by qualified researchers.

    Custodial History note

    Gift of Jeanne Thayer, 1994.

    Preferred Citation note

    Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition (Albany, New York), Architecture and Design Collection. Art, Design & Architecture Museum; University of California, Santa Barbara.

    Biographical/Historical note

    Marcus Tullious Reynolds was born on August 20, 1869 in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. He studied at Williams College and then went on to study architecture at Columbia University. Reynolds began practicing architecture on his own in 1893 in Albany, New York. Throughout the course of his career he primarily designed banks and office buildings. Reynolds died on March 18, 1937.

    Scope and Content note

    The Marcus T. Reynolds drawing of the Albany Evening Journal building addition spans 3 linear feet and dates from 1916. The collection is composed of one drawing in the form of a reprographic copy dated November 1, 1916. The drawing depicts the plaza elevation of the extension to the office building for the Albany Evening Journal, formally known as the Delaware and Hudson Railroad Company building.

    Subjects and Indexing Terms

    Reynolds, Marcus T. (Marcus Tullious), 1869-1937
    Architectural drawings
    Reprographic copies