These photographs of Stanford University buildings were done by Baer for the architects or for the University. Buildings designed
by Wurster, Bernardi and Emmons include the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, 1954, and Stanford Medical
Plaza, 1959. There are a large number of images of the married student housing complex (Escondido Village) designed by Campbell
and Wong, 1963-64; and of the Jean and Paul Hanna house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, 1962. Other buildings include the
Faculty Club, 1967; the Lou Henry Hoover Library, 1968; Maples Pavilion, 1969; Cummings Art Building, 1969; the fire and police
facility, 1970; Children's Hospital, 1970; Stanford Law School, 1975; and the engineering school's Terman Hall, 1977.
Morley Baer, former head of the photography department of the San Francisco Art Institute, was a prize-winning photographer,
well-known for his photographs of Victorian houses in San Francisco as well as images of California's farmlands and coastline.
He was based in Monterey, moving there in 1946 after his service in the Navy during World War II. His published books of photography
Painted Ladies: San Francisco's Resplendent Victorians,
The Wilder Shore, and
Adobes in the Sun. He died November 9, 1995.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.