Incorporated January 12, 1907. Formed by the Southern Pacific Company, this road was projected about twelve miles from Oroville
westerly to Nelson. The company was merged in July, 1917, with the Southern Pacific Company, and no such railroad was built.
[Guy Dunscomb, A CENTURY OF SOUTHERN PACIFIC STEAM LOCOMOTIVES, 1862-1962 (Modesto, California: 1967), p. 400]
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Capital District Collections Manager. Permission for publication is given
on behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright
holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.