The Hollywood Turf Club, later renamed Hollywood Park, opened in 1938. Known as the Track of the Lakes and Flowers, it served
as home for a number of talented jockeys, trainers, and prominent thoroughbreds. The collection consists of minute books and
ledgers; stock certificate books; scrapbooks; negatives; press clippings; and chart books.
The Hollywood Turf Club (later renamed Hollywood Park), opened on June 10, 1938. Constructed on close to 315 acres, it was
built to accommodate 30,000 people and 1,250 horses. The race track itself was an oval one mile distance and 90 feet wide.
196.0 linear ft.
(5 boxes, 104 shoe boxes, 21 cartons, 86 flat boxes, 117 oversize flat boxes)
Property rights to the physical object belong to the UCLA Library Special Collections. Literary rights, including copyright,
are retained by the creators and their heirs. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine who holds the copyright
and pursue the copyright owner or his or her heir for permission to publish where The UC Regents do not hold the copyright.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.