Record Series 783 contains the administrative files of the James S. Coleman African Studies Center. Files include publications;
proposal and grant documents; reports and reviews; conference and event documents; and photographs.
The African Studies Center was established in 1959 and renamed the James S. Coleman African Studies Center on May 11, 1989.
It was renamed in honor of its founding director, James S. Coleman. The Center is a multidisciplinary program with a core
faculty who conduct research and teach courses on Africa and is dedicated to the production and dissemination of knowledge
about Africa, ranging from cutting-edge research in the social, human and natural sciences to K-12 outreach and pedagogical
6.0 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.