Financial information generated during the operation of the Alamagordo and Sacramento Mountain Railway.
The Alamagordo and Sacramento Mountain Railway was incorporated on March 21, 1898 to run from Alamagordo Junction, New Mexico,
on the line of the El Paso Northeastern Railway, east to the Sacramento Mountain timber stands. Eventually the line was completed
31-1/2 miles to Russia, New Mexico, where it connected with the tracks of the Alamagordo Lumber Company. The Alamagordo and
Sacramento Mountain was constructed by the New Mexico Railway and Coal Company (later the El Paso and Northeastern Company).
Phelps Dodge acquired the line in 1904 and made it a part of the El Paso and Southwestern System. In 1924 the Southern Pacific
acquired the EP & SW and with it the Alamagordo and Sacramento Mountain. The Southern Pacific continued to operate the Alamagordo
and Sacramento Mountain until 1947 when it abandoned the line.
1 oversize box + 2 boxes
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote
from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the District Collections Manager. Permission for publication is given on
behalf of the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright
holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research.