Ephemera from the Wheelhouse of the Eureka (built 1890; ferry) (SAFR 17385, HDC 252) consists of twenty items including timetables,
advertisements and newsclippings. The collection is available for research use without restriction.
EUREKA was built in 1890 at Tiburon, CA for the San Francisco and Northern Pacific Railway. Her original name was UKIAH. The
ferry originally carried commuters between San Francisco and Tiburon during the day and hauled railroad freight cars at night.
In 1907, UKIAH was re-routed to the Sausalito-San Francisco Ferry Building route by her new owners, Northwestern Pacific Railroad.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.