The San Francisco Yacht Club records (SAFR 4834, HDC 645) contains materials dating from 1880 to 1958. The bulk of the materials
date from 1926 to 1932. The collection contains yearbooks, scrapbooks, souvenir programs, brochures, articles, clippings,
illustrations and sketches, membership rosters and by-laws, race charts, reports and results, correspondence, architectural
drawings and specifications for vessels and buildings, development plan, contracts and a building permit. The records describe
activities including boat design and building, club functions, building construction, yacht racing, rules and measuring. Named
individuals include J. D. Spreckels (1880 Vice Commodore), Matthew Turner (1880 Measurer), John H. Piver (1927 Commodore)
and Carl Rhodin (1929 Central Race Committee Chairman). Subjects in the records include the club location, relocation to Belvedere
and the One Design Committee. Local businesses include the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the Nunes Bros.
and Boat Builders and the California Launch Works of Alameda, California. Folders 3 and 18 contain club histories.