Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Finding Aid for the Edwards, Plunkett & Howell drawings, circa 1925-circa 1942 0000243
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (54.69 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
Table of contents What's This?
The Edwards, Plunkett & Howell drawings consists primarily of blueprints and some original drawings of residences, commercial and civic buildings, all in the Santa Barbara region. Drawings in the collection represent the designs of Edwards before forming a partnership with Plunkett and Howell, the firm Edwards, Plunkett & Howell, as well as the firm Edwards & Plunkett (after the death of Howell). Projects that are documented in the form of architectural drawings include: H.P. Miller residence, R. B. Ward residence (also known as the Alexander house), R. F. C. residence, Herman Fittinger residence, store building for Thomas M. Storke, the National Guard Armory, Hope District School, and the Santa Barbara Women’s Club building.
The firm Edwards, Plunkett & Howell began circa 1927 and was comprised of architects William Albert Edwards (1888-1976), Joseph J. Plunkett (1900-1946), and Howell. After the death of Howell circa 1930, Edwards and Plunkett continued to work together as Edwards & Plunkett, maintaining the firm’s office in Santa Barbara, California.
3.0 Linear feet (8 flat file folders)
Open for use by qualified researchers.