Scope and Content of Collection
Title: Mayor Richard J. Riordan Administrative Papers
Dates: 1980- 2001
Bulk Dates: 1993-2001
Collection number: CSLA-17
Riordan, Richard J.
75 archival document boxes
Loyola Marymount University. Library. Department of Archives and Special Collections.
Los Angeles, California 90045-2659
Abstract: The collection contains records from the Los Angeles mayoral administration of Richard J. Riordan. The holdings in this collection
span the years from 1980 to 2001, focusing on the years in which Richard J. Riordan was mayor of Los Angeles (1993-2001).
These holdings are incomplete; the complete collection of the extant records of the Riordan administration is located in the
Los Angeles City Archives (213-473-8441).
Languages represented in the collection:
Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise,
Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. The user or publisher
must secure permission to publish from the copyright owner. Loyola Marymount University does not assume any responsibility
for infringement of copyright or of publication rights held by the original author or artists or his/her heirs, assigns, or
[Identification of item], Series number, Box and Folder number, Mayor Richard J. Riordan Administrative Papers, CSLA-17, Department
of Archives and Special Collections, William H. Hannon Library, Loyola Marymount University.
Gift Richard J. Riordan, 2001. Accession number: 2001.17
Scope and Content of Collection
The Mayor Richard J. Riordan Administrative Papers were donated to Loyola Marymount University in 2001. The collection consists
of textual and non-textual materials. The former includes budgets, correspondence, minutes and agendas of committee meetings,
reports and studies, brochures, and publications relating to the Mayor's office. The non-textual materials consist of videocassettes,
audiocassettes, and photographs. The dates of the holdings range from 1980 to 2000, with 1993-2001 constituting the bulk dates.
Materials dating before 1993 did not originate with the Mayor's administration.
The collection is organized into eight series, three of which (Series 3, 5, and 6) have subseries. These eight series are
based on the filing structure received from the Mayor's Office, and form Collection Number CSLA-17 in the Center for the Study
of Los Angeles Research Collection. The original order has been preserved when processing the collection.
- Series 1: LA's Business Team
- Series 2: City of Los Angeles Budget
- Series 3: Speeches and Press Releases. Subseries A: Speeches 1995-1998
- Series 3: Speeches and Press Releases. Subseries B: Speeches 1999-2001
- Series 3: Speeches and Press Releases. Subseries C: Press Releases
- Series 4: Los Angeles City Charter Reform
- Series 5: Mayoral Programs. Subseries A: Accomplishments and Los Angeles's Better Educated Students for Tomorrow (LA's BEST)
- Series 5: Mayoral Programs. Subseries B: The Mayor's Criminal Justice Planning Office (CJPO) Grant Award
- Series 5: Mayoral Programs. Subseries C: Los Angeles Opportunities for Procurement and Services (LA OPS)
- Series 5: Mayoral Programs. Subseries D: Alameda Corridor Business Outreach Program (ACBOP)
- Series 6: Personal Photographs. Subseries A: 1993-1994
- Series 6: Personal Photographs. Subseries B: 1995-1996
- Series 6: Personal Photographs. Subseries C: 1997-1998
- Series 6: Personal Photographs. Subseries D: 1999-2001
- Series 6: Personal Photographs. Subseries E: No Date
- Series 7: Videocassettes
- Series 8: Audiocassettes
The following terms have been used to index the description of this collection in
the library's online public access catalog.
Riordan, Richard -- Archives
Riordan, Richard J. , 1930-
Mayors -- California -- Los Angeles
Municipal government -- California -- Los Angeles -- Sources
Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Politics and government -- Sources