The United States Coast Guard Rescue Station at Point Arguello drawings span 3 linear feet and date from 1937 to 1952. The
collection consists of 20 architectural drawings in the form of reprographic copies. Drawings include: site plans, boat house
plan, details, sections, plan for marine railway, plan of a garage building, floor plan of administration building and barracks,
and plan of proposed watch room additions. No architect is listed on the plans.
The United States Coast Guard rescue station and lookout tower at Point Arguello, California was established on December 17,
1936 and ceased normal operation in December 31, 1941. The site on which the station was built was purchased by the Coast
Guard in July 22, 1935 and remained under their jurisdiction until February 10, 1958, when it was transferred to the United
States Navy. Between the years 1936 and 1941 the following structures were built on the site: administration buildings, barracks,
a garage, a small water treatment facility, a flag tower, a lookout tower, a granite rock breakwater, a dock, marine railway,
and a boathouse.