The Captain N.P. Carlsen papers (SAFR 17609, HDC 39) is comprised of a hospitality book (photocopy), reminiscences (photocopy)
by the captain's daughter Anna McCaffrey, and one original Slop-Chest record book dated 1921-1922 from the ship WM. T. LEWIS
(built 1891; bark,4m). The collection is open and ready for use.
The WILLIAM T. LEWIS was a 4-masted, steel hulled bark built in 1891 by Robert Duncan & Co. of Greenock, Scotland. The vessel
measured 279' x 42' x 24', and its gross tonnage was 2156 tons. The ship was originally named ROBERT DUNCAN and its owner
was the Robert Duncan Shipping Company of Glasgow. In 1910 the ship was sold to A.P. Rolph of Greenock and renamed the WILLIAM
T. LEWIS. In 1917, ownership transferred to J. Rolph Jr. of San Francisco.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.