Record Series 107 contains publications generated by the Management in the Arts Program at the University of California, Los
Angeles, Graduate School of Management.
In 1939, the College of Business Administration at UCLA was authorized to institute a M.B.A. program and the first twenty-seven
graduate students in business that entered the university. A doctoral program was initiated in 1953; and in the 1955, the
graduate programs were to form a graduate school of business separate from the undergraduate school. Special agencies were
then added to the graduate school, among them the Western Data Processing Center in 1956 and Western Management Science Institute
in 1960. In 1961, a master of science degree was added to the graduate school's curriculum and school library was established.
Before the end of the 1960s, the undergraduate and its B.S. degree in Business Administration were phased out, leaving the
Graduate School of Business Administration as the only source of business education on the UCLA campus. The present name of
the John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management was bestowed on the school 1987.
0.4 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.