Record Series 674 contains photographs and materials generated by UCLA's Hershey Hall.
The first building at UCLA dedicated to housing was Hershey Hall, named after Almira "Mira" Hershey who donated $300,000 in
the 1930s to have the dorm built. Beginning as a womens' dorm in 1931, Hershey Hall provided housing and socialization to
students for nearly seven decades. In 1959 Hershey Hall was expanded with the addition of a West Wing, which would become
the boys' wing when the Hall became graduate coed housing in 1969. 1998 saw Hershey Hall converted for academic uses, providing
offices and classrooms. The West Wing was demolished in 2006 to make way for the Terasaki Life Sciences Building, while the
original building remains as a historic location.
4.0 linear ft.
(3 oversize boxes)
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.