Finding Aid to the John Collier Collection MS.656
Finding aid prepared by Holly Rose Larson; Cheryl Miller
Autry National Center, Braun Research Library2012 October 30
234 Museum Drive
Los Angeles, CA, 90065-5030
Title: John Collier Collection
Identifier/Call Number: MS.656
Contributing Institution: Autry National Center, Braun Research Library
Language of Material: English
Physical Description: 0.2 linear feet (14 folders)
Date (inclusive): 1924-1954
Abstract: John Collier (1884-1968) was the United States Commissioner of Indian Affairs from 1933-1945. This collection includes correspondence, magazine and newspaper clippings, pamphlets, and speeches by or about Collier from 1924-1954.
creator: Collier, John, 1884-1968
John Collier (1884-1968) was the United States Commissioner of Indian Affairs from 1933-1945.
This collection includes correspondence, magazine and newspaper clippings, pamphlets, and speeches by or about John Collier from 1924-1954.
John Collier Collection, 1924-1954, Braun Research Library Collection, Autry National Center, Los Angeles; MS.656; [folder number] [folder title][date].
Processed by Library staff after 1981. Finding aid completed by Holly Rose Larson, NHPRC Processing Archivist, 2012 October 30, made possible through grant funding from the National Historical Publications and Records Commissions (NHPRC).
Donations from Charles Fletcher Lummis, 1924 June; the Office of Indian Affairs, 1935 November; Frederick Webb Hodge, 1933 June-1945 December; and Library staff.
Copyright has not been assigned to the Autry National Center. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Autry Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Autry National Center as the custodian of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research. Appointments to view materials are required. To make an appointment please visit http://theautry.org/research/research-rules-and-application or contact library staff at email@example.com.
- Address Nat'l Conf Social Work Detroit 1933 2cc
- Newsclipping Indian Families in the Emergrency Conservation Act
- Newsrelease Libel suit Collett vs Collier dismissed
- Magazine clipping biographic
- Address “Leadership is the controlling need in democracies” 1937
- Statement "Wheeler-Howard Indian Land & Home Rule Bill”
- Magazine article "We stand indicted..." re John Collier by Kyle D Palmer
- Letter Collier to A L Kroeber re the Zuni 1924
- Letter Status of civil & criminal jurisdiction of bills… 1926
- Pamphlet US Indian Administration as a Laboratory of Ethnic Relations 1945
- Magazine article "The Fate of the Navajos” 1924
- Remarks "Man can Half Control his Doom" Seminar Santa Fe, 1942
Subjects and Indexing Terms
American Indian Defense Association.
Kroeber, A. L. (Alfred Louis), 1876-1960
United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs.
United States. Office of Indian Affairs.
Indians of North America
Indians of North America -- Education
Indians of North America -- Government relations
United States. American Indian Religious Freedom Act