The Berkeley Brandt papers span 4 linear feet and date circa 1900 to circa 1931. The collection is composed of watercolor
paintings (most of which are mounted on boards) of the interiors of residential homes, pencil drawings of the interior of
St. Etinne Church, and architectural drawings and reprographic copies of both residential and commercial buildings designed
by Brandt. The majority of watercolor paintings, architectural drawings, and reprographic copies are of residential homes
located in the Midwest (primarily Chicago, IL). The collection also includes clippings from
The Los Angeles Times as well as other architectural periodicals such as the
American Architect and
Berkeley Brandt was born in Illinois in 1874. Brandt was a practicing architect in the Chicago region from circa 1910 to circa
1920. In the late 1920s Berkeley Brandt and his family moved to Ventura, California, where he continued to practice architecture.
Brandt died in 1944.