Guide to the Stanford University, Post Office, photographs
Stanford University. Libraries. Department of Special Collections and University ArchivesSeptember 2012
Copyright © 2015 The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University. All rights reserved.
Call Number: PC0038
Creator: Stanford University
Title: Stanford University, Post Office, photographs
Dates: undated, 1960
Physical Description: 0.5 Linear feet
Summary: Photographs and negatives of the old Stanford Post Office and the dedication of the new Post Office on February 11, 1960.
Language(s): The materials are in English.
Physical Location: Special Collections and University Archives materials are stored offsite and must be paged 36-48 hours in advance. For more information on paging collections, see the department's website: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/spc.html.
Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-6064
Phone: (650) 725-1022
The materials are open for research use. Audio-visual materials are not available in original format, and must be reformatted to a digital use copy.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94305-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/depts/spc/pubserv/permissions.html.
Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
[identification of item], Stanford University, Post Office, photographs (PC0038). Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.
The old Stanford post office was demolished for the construction of Dinkelspiel Auditorium. The new Stanford Post Office was designed by John Carl Warnecke and dedicated in 1960.
Photographs and negatives of the old Stanford Post Office and the dedication of the new Post Office on February 11, 1960.
Negatives undated, 1960