The collection contains a ledger of the El Cajon Horticultural Society from July 10, 1889 through November 13, 1909.
The El Cajon Horticultural Society was formed in July of 1889. The original 18 members met in the El Cajon school house and
were comprised of local ranchers and farmers. G.H. Bowers was the temporary secretary for the Society’s first meetings, with
George M. Hawley adopting the role officially. W.H. Somers served as president, C.B. Richards as vice-president, and H. Culbertson
as treasurer. The goal of the society was to unite the growing community of farmers to discuss agricultural topics and methods.
0.5 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
This collection is open for research.