Scope and Content
Title: School of Medicine. Publications.
Identifier/Call Number: University Archives Record Series 194
UCLA Library Special Collections
Language of Material:
3.8 linear ft.
(7 boxes, 1 carton)
Date (bulk): Bulk, 1951-1987
Date (inclusive): 1909-1987
Record Series 194 contains publications generated by UCLA's School of Medicine between 1909 and 1987.
University of California, Los Angeles. School of Medicine.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
[Identification of item], School of Medicine. Publications (University Archives Record Series 194). UCLA Library Special Collections,
The School of Medicine was established in 1947 on a 35-acre site at the south end of the campus. The first class of 28 medical
students was accepted in 1951. In 1954, it moved to permanent buildings; and has grown since. The founding dean of the medical
school was Dr. Stafford L. Warren. In addition to Dean Warren, Dr. Charles Carpenter, professor of infectious diseases; Dr.
John Lawrence, professor of medicine; Dr. Andrew Dowdy, professor of radiology; and Dr. William Longmire, professor of surgery
were the original faculty of the school.
Scope and Content
Record Series 194 contains publications generated by UCLA's School of Medicine between 1909 and 1987. Files include announcements,
programs, brochures, newsletters, yearbooks, and other materials regarding the School of Medicine, events, institutions, and
This is an active record series; additional University records are expected to be added.