The University of California, Los Angeles's International Studies and Overseas Program (ISOP) formally began in 1958 as the
Institute of International and Foreign Studies (IIFP). It's founding functions were to promote international interdisciplinary
studies, and to serve as a liaison for government, international agencies, and international dignitaries and visitors to the
university. ISOP oversaw programs that sent students to such places as Brazil, Chile, Iran, Nigeria, Japan, Argentina, China,
Columbia, Ghana, Peru, and Puerto Rico. Additionally, ISOP oversaw a Peace Corps program at UCLA.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.