Scrapbook of clippings and photographs relating to Parkside Tennis Club's activities.
The Parkside Tennis Club (PTC) may have formed sometime around August 1935, when new McCoppin Square courts opened at the
northwest corner of Taraval St. and 22nd Avenue. The Club included men and women; Club officers were elected. The first PTC
annual open singles tournament was held August 30, 1936, with 70 men and 30 women entered. The Club participated in the Northern
California Tennis Association's interclub tournaments. While the focus was sponsoring matches for local players, the Club
held social and entertainment activities for members, including members who didn't play. Benefit parties were held at the
Parkside Theater, and dances held at the Taraval Temple, or at clubrooms at 2366 Nineteenth Avenue.
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the City Archivist. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the San Francisco Public Library as the owner of the physical items.
The collection is available for use during San Francisco History Center hours, with photographs available during Photo Desk
hours. Collections that are stored offsite should be requested 48 hours in advance.