Finding Aid for the School of Public Health. Faculty Council. Academic faculty meetings. Meeting records: agendas, charges, correspondence, minutes, and reports. 1954-1979.
Finding aid prepared by University Archives staff, 1990 Sep 13; finding aid revised by Katharine A. Lawrie, 2013 Feb; machine-readable finding aid created by Katharine A. Lawrie and Caroline Cubé, 2013 Jun.
UCLA Library Special Collections©1990 Sep 13
Room A1713, Charles E. Young Research Library
Los Angeles, CA, 90095-1575
Title: School of Public Health. Faculty Council. Academic faculty meetings. Meeting records: agendas, charges, correspondence, minutes, and reports.
Identifier/Call Number: University Archives Record Series 398
Contributing Institution: UCLA Library Special Collections
Language of Material: English
Physical Description: 0.4 linear ft. (1 box)
Abstract: Record Series 398 contains meeting records from the Faculty Council of the School of Public Health from 1954-1979.
Creator: School of Public Health. Faculty Council.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special Collections Reference Desk for paging information.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
[Identification of item], School of Public Health. Faculty Council. Academic faculty meetings. Meeting records: agendas, charges, correspondence, minutes, and reports (University Archives Record Series 398). UCLA Library Special Collections, University Archives.
The UCLA School of Public Health was established in March 17, 1961 as a unit within the UCLA Center for Health Sciences (CHS).
Prior to the School's establishment, instruction in public health at UCLA formally began in 1945 with the establishment of the University of California system-wide public health program. In 1947 the UCLA Department of Public Health was created and in 1955 the department began offering graduate study.
Initially, the School of Public Health was divided into six divisions: Health Services and Hospital Administration; Epidemiology; Environmental and Nutritional Sciences; Population, Family, and International Health; Behavioral Science and Health Education; and Biostatistics. In the 1980s the School reorganized into five departments: Biostatistics, Community Health Sciences, Environmental Health Sciences, Epidemiology, and Health Services.
The Faculty Council of the School of Public Health promotes the administration of the School: keeps the department chairs and the Associate Dean informed of matters within the School and the University; and assists in the administration of the School. Membership is composed of department chairs and the Dean. The three Associate Deans and the Chair of the Faculty serve as ex officio members.
Record Series 398 contains meeting records from the Faculty Council of the School of Public Health from 1954-1979.
This is an inactive record series; no additional University records are expected to be added.
Meeting records. 1954-1979.
Extent: 6 folders