The collection consists of the documents of father and son, William C. and Frank M. Parcher from 1911 to 1931. William’s portion
includes documents from his time with the Bishop Chamber of Commerce circa 1918-1921. Frank’s portion includes professional
documents from his time at the Southwest Museum and his writing on Native Americans of Eastern California. William C. Parcher
was father to Frank M. Parcher. William C. Parcher, born circa 1873 and died 1945, was the secretary of the Bishop Chamber
of Commerce from circa 1918 to 1921. In 1920, he opened Parcher’s Rainbow Camp, which to this day, still functions as a resort.
William C. Parcher was father to Frank M. Parcher, who inherited his father’s papers to form this collection. William C. Parcher
(circa 1873-1945), was the secretary of the Bishop Chamber of Commerce (circa 1918- 1921) and in 1920, he opened Parcher’s
Rainbow Camp, which to this day, still functions as a resort. He was married to Marie Louise Parcher and they had two sons,
Ward Parcher and Frank M. Parcher, both who would be involved in the resort, Ward more so than Frank.
0.75 Linear feet
(1 box); 1oversized folder
Copyright has not been assigned to the Autry National Center. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts
must be submitted in writing to the Autry Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Autry National Center
as the custodian of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research. Appointments to view materials are required. To make an appointment please visit http://theautry.org/research/research-rules-and-application
or contact library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. An item-level inventory is available from library staff.